Sunday, February 20, 2011

State Champions!!

DCLA EAGLES WIN STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
FOR 1ST TIME IN SCHOOL HISTORY!!

As a freshman, Lane got to be part of school history...winning the gold ball for Deer Creek-Lamont Eagles! I have to admit, I wasn't very happy having to get him up to go to weight lifting 4 mornings per week, all summer long, at 6:00 a.m.  I wasn't very happy that he had to go to 3 football camps where big, huge guys were gonna tackle my son!! But...let me tell you how happy I was when our team won that gold ball!! It was worth every early morning practice and, yes, even worth those big guys hitting on him to toughen him up! You know why? Because, my son, Lane, made the very last tackle of the championship game! Wow! Did I mention that I am proud of him?!! To finish bragging, enjoy a picture of the little ole' ring that he got for winning State.


Yeah...it's really that big!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment