On February 15th, every woman is asked several times, "So what did you get for Valentine's Day?
How was your Valentine's Day?" I too fell prey to the questions.
Unfortunately, I have to admit, my answer to most was "It was ok, but not GREAT!"
To some, I even grumbled a little, wishing that I had gotten more.
You see, the morning began with Mike letting me sleep in while he got up and got the kids
all ready for school. Then after sleeping in, we went to Ponca City so that he could buy the
girls their valentine gifts from him. While there, he bought them gifts, cards and also purchased me a card which he wrote very sweet things in.
He also offered to buy me basically anything I wanted while we were there.
He did actually buy me some white chocolate truffles
even though I was in a bad mood by this time, and I had said that I didn't want anything.
Then we went to Rusty Barrell Steakhouse where I had an incredible steak sandwich.
Then for supper, we had steak, baked potatoes, corn, french bread, mixed berries and
strawberry cheesecake. The entire family was actually home at the same time to enjoy it!
The table was set with heirloom plates passed down from Mike's grandma Williams
and wine glasses (filled with strawberry pop) that were wedding gifts 19 years ago!
Finished the evening by watching a movie snuggled up in bed.
So...why the bad mood? Why the grumbling?
Because I am a spoiled brat!
Yes, I hate to write it and really hate it that I am blogging it because now it will
forever be in print and can come back to haunt me!
But, here's my complaint. Get ready for it....
Valentine's Day was basically like just any other day!
You see, my husband often lets me sleep in on his days off and gets the kids up and ready for school.
He regularly lets me buy whatever I want.
We go out to eat somewhere nice at least once per week. Probably at Rusty Barrell every couple months. We have nice meals at home pretty often.
We rent movies and watch them anytime I want to.
So they say, the first step is acknowleging that you have a problem!
So...let it be forever in print...that I, Kristy Leanne Williams realize
that I am so incredibly blessed and even a little bit spoiled!
I had a great Valentine's Day...why? Because it WAS like just any other day!

No comments:
Post a Comment