Coach praying with the Team
If you haven't noticed...I LOVE BASKETBALL! Thankfully so does a couple of my kids! That way I get to go be the crazy mom in the stands who yells and screams cheering on my kids! Cheyenne was so excited this year to be part of a REAL basketball team! They have done very well, placing 2nd at the McCord Tournament as well as the Lutheran Tournament. Perhaps the success could be attributed to the fact that we have an athletic group of girls...perhaps it could be that we have a skilled coach...I would like to think it's that we have a coach that is willing to give God all the Glory and Credit for all that is done in life whether on the basketball court or off. Coach Jamie Means is the gym teacher at DCLA and he takes these young kids to tournaments and teaches them not only the fundamentalsof basketball, but how to live daily as a Christian. Praying after a game with the team is just a part of the way he shares Christ with these girls. Thank God for allowing me to raise my kids in a small school where Christianity is still viewed as a good thing! We have a great school and I am very proud that my kids spend their school days with such great teachers! |
No comments:
Post a Comment