Wow, I have even more respect for bloggers who blog everyday! I was really excited about starting this. And now, one week later, here I am doing blog number 2!! :) I'd like to offer excuses like...but Awana started back up this week and we've had 5 basketball games...which is all true, however, that is just normal life for us! Actually, I could have found time to do it but I've chosen to spend time enjoying my husband this week! He was off for 7 days in a row which is what he is supposed to get off in exchange for working 12 hour shifts at Conoco. It just doesn't always happen that way. But he got all 7 off this time, so we had lots of time to spend together! I LOVE spending time with my husband! We have breakfast dates after taking the kids to school, lunch dates when we have to run to town to get parts, coke dates when it happens to be happy hour at Sonic, or even late night dates when we are both craving cheese breadsticks from Pizza Hut! Wednesday night after putting the kids to bed, we snuck back into town, picked up breadsticks and headed to the park to eat them! Mmmm! Were they really better than ever or was it just the laughs, conversation and togetherness that made them so yummy?!!
To update on the happenings this week, on Monday Cody had a basketball game which they lost but he did get to play some towards the end. That was fun to watch! Tuesday consisted of Lane playing a JV basketball game followed by a girls and then boys basketball game. Late night but fun, fun, fun if you like basketball like we do! Wednesday night was the start back of Awana after a 2 week Christmas break. We always start back with Pajama Night as our theme night and there were lots of cute pj's around. Then Thursday, Friday and Saturday found us heading out to Cherokee for Lane's tournament which they would up getting 5th place in. Not too bad considering the amount of practice they have actually had due to their LONG football season lasting until December 4th. Not that I'm complaining about that though! :) So we'll wrap up the week with a great day tomorrow at church and then begin another crazy busy Williams week! Thanks for stopping by to see us! Hope you have a fun-filled week as well!
Lane is #21 for the DCLA Eagle Basketball team

No comments:
Post a Comment